OpenSea uses blockchain technology to sell NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, with compatible cryptocurrency wallets, such as Coinbase. OpenSea raised $300 million in January.
“We’re creating a space where all individuals can access the opportunity and potential of NFTs (not to mention, it has grown 600x in the last year!),” Manhanta wrote in a LinkedIn post.
Manhanta is also on HopSkipDrive’s board of directors and is a fellow for the Brookings Institute focusing on tech policy. Her recent work for Brookings covers cryptocurrency and difficulties surrounding regulation as a legal professional.
Other personnel changes across the Pacific Northwest tech industry:
- Chris Knowlton, formerly principal program manager at Microsoft, joined Panopto, a video-recording company, as chief evangelist.
- Mayur Kamat, former vice president at Agoda and Hiya, will join Binance, a cryptocurrency marketplace, as head of product.
- Dwight Krossa, former Microsoft executive, will join Evisort, a contract management software company, as vice president of product.
- Reno Mathews, former Google and Meta executive, will join Trulioo, an identity verification service, as its chief compliance officer.
- William DePaolo, former UW School of Medicine faculty, was named chief scientific officer at Tend, which uses biotech to analyze gut health.
- Jon David, vice president of Glu Mobile, joined Akili, a technology consulting company, as its first chief product officer.
- Jan Beck, former head of R&D at Lyell Immunopharma, is now chief operating officer at Mozart Therapeutics, which develops therapies for autoimmune diseases.
- Jason Mironov and Patrick McCarter left the board of directors of Vancouver, Wash.-based ZoomInfo.